The Hellenic Society of Medical Oncology (HeSMO) is a non-profit scientific group with main interest to promote the current information on Clinical Oncology in Greece.
Means for the achievement of Society’s are:
- Organisation of teaching courses and updates on malignant neoplasms
- Organisation of scientific events, educational meetings, seminars, workshops, congresses national and international, in order to exchange current ideas and information about the Society’s main objective.
- Creation of requisites for the prevention of cancer in population subgroups
- Organisation and coordination of clinical trials for better understanding the cause, the pathology, the immunobiology and the epidemiology of neoplastic diseases.
- Organisation and coordination of diagnostic/clinical protocols and guidelines for the optimum therapeutic approach for neoplastic diseases.
- Coordination and collaboration of the Society with relevant Societies in Greece and abroad.
- Sponsoring the renovation of hospital structures relative to the therapeutic treatment of cancer patients.